We’ll be making Equaliser available to the public, pre-release, using the increasingly popular “alpha funding” model.
Why Alpha Funding?
Alpha funding has significant advantages, both for players and developers…
As a Player
- Pre-order the game at a highly discounted rate compared to the final release price
- Play the development builds of the game before it is released
- Get priveleged access to forums to discuss the game with other players and the developer themselves
- Suggest changes, tweaks and new features that you’d like to see.
As a Developer
- High quality feedback from players who really want to play the game
- A gauge of how much serious interest there is in the game
- Creation of, and a high level of interaction with, a community of players for the game
- Higher potential for word-of-mouth recommendations
What is Equaliser?
Equaliser is a retro side-scrolling skill game with a difference! Not only does it use your own music collection as its soundtrack, but also uses it to generate the level structure, difficulty and visual intensity of the game – you literally play your music!
Here’s a quick overview of some of the features that we’re planning for Equaliser:
- Level generation based entirely on your music collection
- A vivid and exciting visual experience, linked closely to the mood of the song you are listening to
- Local single and multi-player – play against up to 3 of your friends using the keyboard or Xbox controller. Great for parties!
- Local and internet scoreboards – see your personal best scores for a song, or see how you’ve done against other players playing the same songs all over the world
- Play a single song, or a whole playlist
- Customisable background graphic visualisations – add new background graphics created by the gaming community through the use of visualisation plug-ins
- Visualiser mode – use Equaliser as a music player with full graphic visualisation provided by the visualisation plug-ins